Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Don't get your "panties" in a bunch...

Something funny happened in Marie's household over the last couple of evenings. We have been working on potty training with little Jelly Bean for what feels like forever, so there's been a lot of talk about diapers, poop, tinkle, panties, big girl underwear, etc. So Sunday night I was doing some laundry and putting clothes away in our bedroom. Jelly Bean was on the bed watching TV and playing. She and I were just talking about whatever it is that two year old's want to talk about when she reached into my underwear drawer and pulled out a pair of my underwear. She said they were hers, and she was going to put them on. So she gets them on (sideways) and is jumping on the bed saying she's wearing mommy's big girl panties. I thought it was cute so I called the hubby up so he could see what she was doing. He thought she was being pretty silly, and mentioned that having her do that when we had company could be entertaining. That was pretty much the end of that for that night. Then last night I was folding a basket of laundry and pulled out a pair of the hubby's underwear to fold. Jelly Bean saw them and said "Those are daddy's panties!!" I had to explain to her that girls wear panties, and boys wear underwear. So they were daddy's underwear. She acted like that made sense and repeated the word "underwear" to me. About 10 minutes after that, the hubby walked in the door. I figured I'd test her memory to see if she could tell me what they were again, so in front of him I held up another pair and asked her what they were. She said "those are daddy's panties!" again. For some reason, the hubby didn't find it as cute as I did. So next time he's in a mood, I'm going to tell him not to get his "panties" in a bunch....Do you think he’ll shoot me?

-Marie

No comments: