Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Mommy's Okay, Mostly

I hate being sick. I get whiny. I loathe being sick when Ryan is out of town. There is no one to listen to my whining. I guess I can whine here . . .

My glands are swollen, my temp won't go lower than 100.4, my body aches every time I cough, and it is really hard to stick to my diet when my throat is killing me. I keep eating those calories, however, because I know if i don't I am just going to pay for it later.

The two year old is my entertainment. She lines up her toys and talks to them dramatically. Yesterday was a performance of "where'd the crabby patty go?" It was very suspenseful.

The baby is my cuddle monkey. He plays nicely for a while, then climbs into my lap to make sure I am still alive. He pokes at my nose and eyes and says, "k? k?" I answer, "Yes, mommy's okay," and he promptly gets down to play again.

My oldest has been my savior! She cooked diner for me last night. She carefully read the directions on the frozen diners and nuked four of them. Then she handed them out to each kid, warned them they were hot and even got sippies for the two little ones. She got big cuddles from me later. She begged me to let her cook noodles or scrambled eggs, but I told her no stove by herself until she is eight. "Mom, I turn eight next week!" Crap. I told her I meant ten :)

My other child, he has become the disappearing boy. I went looking for him last night after getting that weird mommy vibe since he was gone a long time and very quiet. He was up in his room playing nicely with some toys and books. I guess being sick has thrown off the mommy-dar.

I am surviving, but it sucks arse! Ryan comes home tonight. We have tickets to see a show, but I have to admit I would much rather curl up with a good book, my mp3 player and seven pillows. I'll let you know who wins.

-Sara

3 comments:

Shawn said...

Ugh, I hate being sick too! I hope you feel better soon (and I can't wait to hear what you did--the show or curled up with pillows)!

The Deviant Mom said...

I hope you feel better soon, being sick sucks.

chitchatmoms@yahoo.com said...

Thanks, I feel much better today. Yesterday MomBFF practically dragged me to the gym the minute she heard my fever broke. I agreed but told her I was not getting on the cardio machines. Honestly the kids needed a break from me anyhows! I mostly did the weight machines using a quarter of the weight I usually pull. It did make me feel better. And yes, we did end up going to the show. It was amazing! Thanks for the well wishes!
Sara