Saturday, January 19, 2008

Newly Amended House Rules

For those of you with young children under the age of three, here are some rules you can look forward to possibly implementing!

1. The previous rule "If someone says 'please stop,' the person has to stop" is now amended to the following - If it involves your body, ex: hitting, tickling, poking your nose, splashing you, etc., you may tell them in a nice voice to please stop and they have to stop. If someone's words or singing or other goofiness is bothering you, you are allowed to ASK them to please stop. If they don't, please ignore them or move to another room. It is unacceptable to yell, "please stop, Please Stop, PLEASE STOP!" or "please stop telling me to please stop."

2. The previous rule "Respond to the parents with either yes sir or yes ma'am" is now amended to the following - You must respond with yes ma'am/sir when given a direction. This phrase needs to be spoken clearly and at a level audible to human beings. This phrase will be followed by actually completing the direction and coming back to confirm the task was completed. It is unacceptable to yell, "I SAAAID yes MA'AM!!!" or, "Yes ma'am, BUT . . ."

3. If you don't flush the toilet, you owe mommy a quarter.

4. If you leave the front door open, you own daddy a quarter.

5. The previous rule "Change your underwear every morning" is now amended to - Change into CLEAN underwear every morning and after showers.

6. The previous rule "Put your seat belt on when you first get into the car" is now amended to - Get in the car, shut the door, sit with your buns against the back of the seat, buckle your seat belt, leave the shoulder belt on your shoulder, stay facing forward with your back against the seat, do not play with the headrest in front of you.

And most importantly -

7. All booger picking and playing with your privates must be done in your bedroom. No one wants to see it!!!!

- Sara

5 comments:

Shawn said...

Sara,
I love your sense of humor. It makes me laugh out loud! Numbers 5 & 6 are my favorites. I will need to remember them when J gets a little older, I am sure.

chitchatmoms@yahoo.com said...

:) I am glad you enjoy my rules. My kids are so literal and can talk there way out of so many situations I have to be clear!
Sara

The Deviant Mom said...

In my house #5 would be amended to "Remember to put underwear on in the morning" That is one of Sylvia issues with comprehending things. There have been many days where she had given her class mates what I like to call a britney spears. You know how Miss Spears seems to always be photgraphed bending over in jeans or in a dress and clearly has no underwear on.

Andrea

chitchatmoms@yahoo.com said...

OH NO! Poor Sylvia! LMAO, if it makes you feel any better, it took my oldest daughter awhile at get the hang of underwear. It was confusing to her why she could go to dance class and dance competitions without panties (no panty-line rules), but the rest of the time they were mandatory.
Sara

The Deviant Mom said...

Speaking of dance classes, Sylvia takes Mexican folk dancing lessons and one morning she didn't have any clean underwear and she forgot to tell me the night before so I could hand was a few pair for her. Instead of saying mom I need clean I have no clean underwear, she put on her red bloomers that is part of her folk dancing costume. That happened to be a day that she wore a dress to school. I got a call from the teacher during her prep hour asking me how I made Sylvia's lovely pantaloons. I was confused at first then it dawned on me that she was wearing her bloomers. The teacher and I had a good laugh over that one.