Thursday, January 17, 2008

Dads Do it Differently

I can't blog long because I have to get to the store while the baby is napping (don't worry, Ryan is home), but I wanted to drop a line about my frustrations with my oldest daughter.

She has been struggling to get school works done on time. It is irritating for me since these works can't be completed at home as they use Montessori materials to do them. Every week I talk to her about work ethic, learning to work through distractions, how to be less OCD, etc. Yeah, no big changes.

Then RYAN opens the work plan (comes home for parent signatures and keeps track of such items) and says, "unacceptable, get caught up, or you are grounded, stay caught up or no skiing on our Colorado trip," and now she is a working fool.

Not fair!

. . . and why didn't I have him do that six months ago . . .

- Sara

2 comments:

Shawn said...

Oh my gosh, do I know what you mean. J has decided that he will only nap for mommy after screaming (he is ticked off) for 30+ minutes each day. For daddy, he goes right down on the weekends. No fussing, crying, or screaming. At his 2 year appointment, when dh mentioned that he "behaves" better for him then me, our pediatrician just started laughing and said, "yeah, they are usually different with mommy than daddy". Oh well, what ya gonna do?

chitchatmoms@yahoo.com said...

LOL, when they do that I remind myself that at least it means they are smart! Just wait, it is more annoying when they get bigger, errr
Sara