Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Karma Will Getcha

If you are trying to conceive do me a favor, stay away from September through January. These months will produce babies born June through October. Trust me, you don't want to be big and pregnant during those scorching summer months. You will melt no matter where you are.

So if you are like me, and during your winter pregnancy you made fun of your mother by calling her "not so bright" for being pregnant all summer with your sister and karma repaid you by giving you two babies in July which caused a huge apology to said mother and THEN got slammed with a late August baby to boot, then this blog is for you.

I am highly concerned about parenting three kids who will be on young side of their class. For my daughter, I worry about her being a just-turned-fourteen-year-old taking classes and mingling with 18 year old boys. Lord help me. She is my kid that refuses to wear her clothes more than five minutes at a time. I hope that ceases by high school!

My boys are tiny, especially the baby. He sporadically falls off the weight chart at the doctor's office. Our doctor started to lecture me, but I reminded him I am only 5'4" and Ryan isn't much taller. Being small, I worry about bullies and even more so if they are the young ones. As it stands the baby will be a few weeks away from his fifth birthday on the first day of kindergarten.

On the bright side - at least I don't have to worry about kids wanting to drive to school until their junior year.

-Sara

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the who needs dicipline vote. 'Cause really, who needs the extra stress with dicipline when you are busy watching American Idol and crocheting?

~MomBFF

Shawn said...

I'm a summer baby (Aug 12) and a teacher, so I can tell you first hand that your "young" ones may have trouble at the beginning of their school careers, but they will be just fine! I had difficulty with fine motor skills in 1st grade, but I can write perfectly fine now (LOL)! I say cross that bridge when you come to it....we have enough "right now" issues in our lives without worrying about things years down the road.

The Deviant Mom said...

I was always the baby of my grade(my B-day is Aug. 16th)Like Shawn stated in her comment being a summer baby does not mean your child will suffer acedemically for being the youngest. My kindergarten teacher felt that I would flounder for the rest of my acedemic years if I did not repeat Grade K my dad however felt differently and put his foot down. I am glad he did because I went on to be the most advanced reader at my Elementary school. I was reading at a college level in the 4th grade.

chitchatmoms@yahoo.com said...

I was always told it was the other way around - they might be fine when they are young, but it catches up with them in junior high and high school. But your statements make way more sense Shawn.

I have decided to stop fretting and just go with it. Thanks guys for the support!