Thursday, February 14, 2008

Toast I can Trust

All I want is a good toaster. I am tired of struggling with the temperamental machine all morning. When I moved in with Ryan, he didn't even have a toaster. Mine didn't survive the move. I mentioned to him my kids were warm breakfast lovers, and within the next few days, he brought one home after work.

This little thing was great for the first few months, but for some reason the outside coils stopped working. I was constantly flipping toast all morning until both sides were golden. Infuriating. I begged for a four slice toaster.

Once again, he came home with a new toaster. Once again, it was fabulous . . . for the first few months. The four slice machine truly looked like an upgrade. We have the intensity dial as well as three buttons including a setting for bagels, frozen items, and a cancel button. I was a toast making fiend!

Now, however, I am ready to chuck the thing through the wall. This time it is the inside coils that are going out (which renders the bagel setting completely useless) and the outside coils take forever to warm up. I have become the flipping fool again. It wouldn't be so bad, but on totally random days, it works just fine. Those days produce black toast.

HELP ME I AM GOING CRAZY!!!! Who out there has a great four slice toaster? I am even willing to spend some serious clams if it will make my mornings less complicated. My MomBFF swears by her toaster oven. Anyone use one of these? I am a creature of habit which makes me skeptical. Drop me a line, let me know if you have the same issues. Guess I better start reading the reviews on Amazon.com, ugh.

-Sara

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Toasters! Aaahh I like toast.

They are great, those toasters but they have a little turnie button thing on the side that is called... A turnie button thing...

And it lies to us

Oh yes it lies.

For it has numbers from 1 to 6 and they lie to us. For you set it on 4and you put toast in on 4 and BOOM it comes up 3. This is 3 toast!! This is not 4 toast, 3 toast surely hardly done! You have to reset to 5 and BOOM it comes up burned... 6 toast!!!

Cause the toast is in there going "Stay down, stay down!! Go for the burn!! No pain no gain!"

Toast gets stuck in the toaster, and your not supposed to use knives in the toaster. BUT ITS YOUR TOASTER! And you know what your doing! Knives in! get them in knives and forks and spoons!! Do it in the bath as well!!!

~MomBFF

Shawn said...

I have a toaster oven, and I like it. First of all, you can see what the toast looks like so if you have accidentally left it on "high" when you meant to use "low", you can catch it before it's too late. Secondly, it does 4 pieces at a time. I use it pretty much everyday (J is like his mommy-he loves breakfast food prepared in the toaster--bagels, toast, eggo pancakes or waffles, etc.), and have never had one problem with it!

The Deviant Mom said...

I am so glad I am not the only one ready to divorce their toaster. In fact I have been wanting to email a popular radio staion here in MN and suggest that for mothers day they do a toaster toss I would love to chuck my toaster out of my living room window but alas I am on the ground level of my apartment building so tossingwould do know good.. In fact it would survive and come back with a vegence by under cooking or buring ten times more than what it does now.

chitchatmoms@yahoo.com said...

I still haven't done anything about the toaster, but just a few days ago Ryan was whining about it too! Woohoo! That always means I can get another one. When he is annoyed about something, I get the credit card. :)

-Sara