Sunday, February 17, 2008

Seriously . . .

Completely true -

SingleBFF has never stepped foot in a public library. Her reason? Her mother told her it was expensive.

My mother named me and my sister after songs. When I did a search for the lyrics, we found out my sister's song was about a dog. She should listen to the words more often.

Before my oldest daughter could talk, she could sing the theme song to Star Wars using baby talk.

I have four children. I was adamant about getting to hold them first. Even with my position on the topic clear, I only got to hold one of my babies before anyone else. Each of them were held for the first time by a separate person. Those other three people are on my $h1t list.

I didn't drink until I was 21.

MomBFF had twins three weeks before I had my third child. Not only did each of her babies outweigh my singleton, but she had the nerve to show up in my hospital room looking skinny. I instantly hated her (this was before we started hanging out).

SingleBFF was my dance student years before we became friends. She was an eight year old on one of my first competitive dance teams. Later she became a coworker assisting me in choreography. One day I explained how to line up the dancers in order to hide the crappiest ones. A few years later we had become true BFFs and were watching the old dance videos. Guess where SingleBFF was standing? In every single one of the spots I had mentioned . . . busted.


-Sara

2 comments:

Shawn said...

Your story about SingleBFF being in the "crappy dancer" position in all of the dance videos is hilarious! You always make me laugh, and that isn't so easy to do today. I have the worst head cold, and DH's snoring last night kept me up until 1AM when I finally banished him to the bonus room!

On another note, I love going to the public library. Where else can J run around, semi-crazily, when it's too cold outside to go to the park, but we need to get out of the house, if only for a short time? What was SingleBFF's mother thinking?

chitchatmoms@yahoo.com said...

It has to be one of two things:

1 - Her mother doesn't want any late charges, she buys movies instead of renting them, etc.

and more likely

2 - She is simply that overprotective. I am guessing saying the public library was expensive made sure she continued to go to the school libraries which were probably in her mother's opinion, way safer.

But I really have no idea. I keep telling SingleBFF to just ASK her mom why she said it. She won't do it. There is always a third option. SingleBFF is a tad ditzy, maybe she simply heard her wrong, LMAO!

-Sara